Leading Vancouver Property Management CompanyProperty Management
The effort vastly improved the company’s uptime and productivity, they knew that in order to succeed in this era of technology their systems needed to be much more robust than what they were. They turned to Cloud Collective to improve their IT Systems.
Cloud Collective proposed an in-depth review of the IT systems, security and processes; including servers, backups, routers / switches and line of business applications.
There was a high level of concern in five major areas of their technology; Email, Hardware, Backups, Security, and Licensing. :
The current email system was antiquated, unstable and has significant deliverability issues.
The one-year-old server has no fault tolerance, warranty or monitoring. When the server went down in 2015, it was reported that employees weren’t able to use their property management software, Yardi, for and entire week.
All files documents and Yardi data were at risk of being lost in the event of a fire, flood, natural disaster, security breach or rogue employee. Documents and emails were not backed up on workstations and would’ve been lost if a hard drive failed.
Yari data is being transmitted over the internet in plain text, including passwords. Employees, Viruses or Malware are able to encrypt, delete or duplicate emails, documents and Yardi data. All computers are running insufficient antivirus, malware & spyware applications.
Very few software licenses were found. If Microsoft does an audit of the licensing, a large bill should be expected.
No documentation of the network, licensing, or policies existed.
The solution Cloud Collective came up with combined cutting edge technology with real world practicality. Everyone knew that the systems had to be updated, the real challenge was updating them without disrupting the whole organization in a negative way.
- Email was seamlessly migrated to Microsoft Office 365
- A rolling 3 year plan, and budget, was created to replace the workstations.
- The Yardi server was moved to a private cloud and a BDR was implemented onsite.
- Files stored on local computers were redirected to the server and an automatic, incremental backup system was configured.
- Implemented a Cloud Collective’s Smart IT Security to managed Antivirus & Malware through Endpoint Protection.
- Deployed computer monitoring to for complete visibility, while maintaining end-user privacy, and control of their network so that we can proactive, first-class IT Support and Maintenance. Server patches and workstation updates are maintained on a regular basis.
- Secured Yardi through a (SSL) Secure Socket Layer.
- Began a live documentation and inventory, to ensure policies and procedures were simplified and plans were sound.
Employees are now more productive; downtime is minimized, collaboration has increased and the network operates at optimally.
There are no more issues with Email. Microsoft Office 365 provides proper email deliverability standards and receiver verification while storing your email online so it’s always up to date and synced with all of the devices including the workstations Outlook.
Hardware is replaced every 3 years on a rolling plan and business critical applications are delivered by redundant private cloud servers off and on-premise.
Everything is backed up locally and offsite incrementally with file versioning. This minimizes the impact on the users and the network.
Yari data is transmitted securely. Cloud Collective’s Smart IT Security protects Employees, Viruses or Malware from encrypting, deleting or duplicating emails, documents or Yardi data. All computers are running next-gen endpoint protection with antivirus, malware & spyware eliminated.
All software is licensed and inventoried. Costs were minimized to less than $500 through a managed service agreement.
A live document that keeps track of software and hardware inventory, polices, and procedures is maintained.