- November 28, 2018
- Posted by: Scott Smith
- Category: Microsoft Office 365
Earlier this month, Microsoft announced a December 1st 2018 pricing increase of 5% on Canadain Microsoft O365 subscirptions.
Whether monthly or annual, each subscription was created with an underlying soft-contract, the duration of which is 12 months from the first billing date. Pricing for existing subscriptions are protected for the duration of that contract. To summarize the implications:
- Active & existing subscriptions are price protected until the renewal date of the soft-contract, which is 12 months from said contract’s creation.
- Additional seats added to existing subscriptions are also price protected until renewal date of the corresponding contract.
- New subscriptions created on or before November 30th 2018 will be created at November prices and will be price protected for the 12 month soft-contract period.
- New contracts created after November 30th 2018 will follow Microsoft’s new pricing (at a 5% increase)
The new pricing is below:
|Office 365 Business||Office 365 Business Premium||Office 365 Business Essentials|
|New Monthly (annual commitment)||$ 11.03||$ 15.96||$ 6.41|
|Annually||$ 132.30||$ 191.52||$ 76.86|
|Desktop versions of Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote (plus Access and Publisher for PC only)||✔||✔|
|Email Hosting with 50GB mailbox and custom email domain address||✔||✔|
|Web versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint||✔||✔||✔|
For a complete compairson of all Office 365 features, please click here.